All members of the PPBA are invited to our annual Thanksgiving Dinner, which takes place at our regular meeting on Wednesday, November 17. The dinner will take place at Ottawa River Yacht Club, 5844 Edgewater Drive. Social time begins at 6:00 pm, and the dinner starts at 6:30.
Members eat free, and guests are only $10. The turkey dinner with all the trimmings will be provided by Kelly’s Catering.
RSVP to Kelly McNabb, 419-392-5699, by Monday, November 15.
We will also hold our 2011 elections at the meeting.
Our regular monthly board meeting is Wednesday, November 3 at 6:00 pm. The meeting will be held at CrossPoint Community Church, 4212 Onondaga.
Visions of Cullen Park meeting
- Thursday, October 28 at 6:30 pm
- At CrossPoint Community Church, 4212 Onondaga Ave.
Point Place Community Blood Drive
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Friendship Park Community Center
2930 131st Street
9 am to 2 pm
Sponsored by Point Place Business Association
Contact Person: Dr Judy St. John, DC
Walk-ins welcome, or to make an appointment call:
1-800-828-1975 or go to redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code: FRIENDSHIPSRCTR
Monthly PPBA Meeting
Dinner meeting at 6 pm, Wednesday, October 20 at Friendship Park Community Center.
- 7:15 pm, Wednesday, October 20 at Friendship Park Community Center
- All candidates for public office are invited to share and answer questions from the community
- All members of the community are invited to meet and hear the candidates
Come and get your antiques appraised. Who knows, you may have $$$ in the attic!
What: Antiques Roadshow
Where: Friendship Park Community Center
When: Saturday, October 16, 12-4 pm
Cost: $5 per person (includes two expert appraisals); $2 per person for gawkers
Food and beverages will be available. All proceeds go the the Friendship Park Community Center, a 501(c)(3) foundation.
Thanks to Gary Anderson, Bob Kneisley, Howard Pinkley, and Lindsay Webb for hosting the Press Conference on September 28 about the Point Place dike situation.
Here’s an article about it from WTOL, and another article from the Blade.
The Point Place Curves has moved! Their new location is 4909 Summit Street (map). Come on in and visit Lynn Boden and the great new location!
Two great events are happening this week in Point Place:
Sixth Annual Tribute to The Troops
- “Support our troops” rally at Friendship Park on 131st St. in Point Place
- Wednesday, September 8, 2010
- 6-8 pm at Friendship Park
- Jerry Anderson of TV-11 will be the Master of Ceremonies
- Hot dogs, chips, and other refreshment will be on sale beginning at 5 pm at the Friendship Park Community Center
- Come show your support for our troops!
- Eddie Boggs
- Central High School Choir
- Calvary Kids Ensemble
- Armed Forces Honor Guard and Rifle Salute
- Patriot Guard Riders
- Sea Cadets and Young Marines
- Springfield Junior ROTC
- Bring lawn chair and bug spray
PPBA Scholarship Foundation Golf Outing
- 15th annual golf outing to raise funds for the PPBA Scholarship Foundation
- Friday, September 10, 2010
- Detwiler Golf Club on Summit St. in Point Place
- All the proceeds go directly to fund college scholarships for deserving high school seniors in our Point Place area.
- Corporate hole sponsorships are available for any Toledo area business
- This is our major source of funding for the scholarship foundation, so let’s all support this event!
- You can also donate raffle prizes
- If you can donate or help, call Dave Stickley at Greenwood Printing at 419-727-3275
- 11:00 am registration, 12:00 noon shotgun start, 5:00 pm prime rib dinner
- Cost is $75 per person, which includes 18 holes of golf, motorized cart, and prime rib dinner! The dinner is also available for non-golfers for $25 per person.