Our next general meeting takes place on Wednesday, October 19 at the Friendship Center. This will be a special meeting, where we will host a Candidates’ Forum so the community can prepare for the elections in November.
Our meeting will begin at 6:00 pm with dinner and a short meeting.
The Candidates’ Forum will begin at 7:30 pm. We have invited candidates from the Toledo City Council District 6 race, Washington Township, Washington Local, and Toledo Public School races, and judge. Speakers for ballot issues have also been invited.
The public is welcome for this forum.
Donate blood…donate life!
Point Place Blood Drive Saturday, September 24 at 9:00 am
Location: Friendship Park Community Center
Our 16th annual PPBA Scholarship Foundation Golf Outing will be held on Friday, September 9, 2011 at Detwiler Golf Club in Point Place. The proceeds of this great outing go directly to fund college scholarships for deserving high school seniors in our area.
This is the only source of funding for the scholarship foundation, so let’s all support this event!
Corporate hole sponsorships are available (forms due August 31, 2011).
Here is the schedule of events:
||Black Pearl Prime Rib Dinner
The cost is only $75 per person, which includes 18 holes of golf, motorized cart, prime rib dinner, and four golf passes for Ottawa Park, South Toledo, Detwiler, or Collins Park! The dinner is also available for non-golfers for $25 per person.
Click here to download and print the registration form.
Sponsor a hole
A great way to advertise! Your business information, personal name or joint family names will be advertised on professionally designed signs at the tee area of a requested hole.
Click here to download and print the form to sponsor a hole.
For more information call Dave Stickley at 419-727-3275.
The Friendship Park Community Center, with the support of the community, is sponsoring the Kelly Miller Circus on Thursday, August 11. Performances will be at 2:00, 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
The circus features elephants, horses and a cast of international circus stars under the big top. Area residents are invited to watch elephants raise the tent starting at 9 a.m. A pancake breakfast will be served from 8 a.m. to noon, at the Friendship Park Community Center.
All proceeds from ticket sales will go directly back to the community. Circus ticket outlets include Curves, Rudy’s Hot Dog, Flag Sales and Repairs, Ottawa River Yacht Club, Golden City, Vito’s Pizza, the Mayfly Inn.
Kelly Miller Circus website
Kelly Miller Circus Facebook page
The Point Place Stage Coach Lines is open for business!
Every Thursday in July and August narrated stage coach rides are given through historic
Point Place. Cost is $25 per person – 12 people can ride at once.
Ride times start at 6 and 7:30 pm. For more information and to purchase tickets call Flags Sales and Repairs at 419-726-9571.
PPBA Legacy Community Foundation’s annual Golf Outing is scheduled for Friday, July 15th at the Detwiler Golf Course. Chairman David Stickley has announced that 100% of profits from the event will go toward the construction of the “Anchors of the Community” Memorial. Hole sponsorships are available.
The golf scramble entry fee is $70, and will feature 18 holes of golf with cart, lunch, a chance to win a pass to the Senior Open at Inverness, ($125 value), and many event prizes. In addition, each player will be awarded a certificate permitting an additional FOUR FREE golf games at four different area golf courses compliments of the Toledo Traditions of Golf. This is an incredible value!
Registration is at noon for a 1:00 p.m. start. The event includes a “Warm Up” clinic by PGA professional Cody Morse at 12:30.
Create your own foursome or sign up individually. Registration applications for the golf scrambles are available at the following area retail stores:
- Flags Sales & Repair
- Ace Hardware
- Rudy’s Hot Dog (Summit St. location only)
- Point Spot Carryout
- Spot and Spam’s Bait Store
For more information or for hole sponsorships you may call 419-726-9000.
Visions of Cullen Park meeting
- Thursday, October 28 at 6:30 pm
- At CrossPoint Community Church, 4212 Onondaga Ave.
Point Place Community Blood Drive
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Friendship Park Community Center
2930 131st Street
9 am to 2 pm
Sponsored by Point Place Business Association
Contact Person: Dr Judy St. John, DC
Walk-ins welcome, or to make an appointment call:
1-800-828-1975 or go to redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code: FRIENDSHIPSRCTR
Come and get your antiques appraised. Who knows, you may have $$$ in the attic!
What: Antiques Roadshow
Where: Friendship Park Community Center
When: Saturday, October 16, 12-4 pm
Cost: $5 per person (includes two expert appraisals); $2 per person for gawkers
Food and beverages will be available. All proceeds go the the Friendship Park Community Center, a 501(c)(3) foundation.
Two great events are happening this week in Point Place:
Sixth Annual Tribute to The Troops
- “Support our troops” rally at Friendship Park on 131st St. in Point Place
- Wednesday, September 8, 2010
- 6-8 pm at Friendship Park
- Jerry Anderson of TV-11 will be the Master of Ceremonies
- Hot dogs, chips, and other refreshment will be on sale beginning at 5 pm at the Friendship Park Community Center
- Come show your support for our troops!
- Eddie Boggs
- Central High School Choir
- Calvary Kids Ensemble
- Armed Forces Honor Guard and Rifle Salute
- Patriot Guard Riders
- Sea Cadets and Young Marines
- Springfield Junior ROTC
- Bring lawn chair and bug spray
PPBA Scholarship Foundation Golf Outing
- 15th annual golf outing to raise funds for the PPBA Scholarship Foundation
- Friday, September 10, 2010
- Detwiler Golf Club on Summit St. in Point Place
- All the proceeds go directly to fund college scholarships for deserving high school seniors in our Point Place area.
- Corporate hole sponsorships are available for any Toledo area business
- This is our major source of funding for the scholarship foundation, so let’s all support this event!
- You can also donate raffle prizes
- If you can donate or help, call Dave Stickley at Greenwood Printing at 419-727-3275
- 11:00 am registration, 12:00 noon shotgun start, 5:00 pm prime rib dinner
- Cost is $75 per person, which includes 18 holes of golf, motorized cart, and prime rib dinner! The dinner is also available for non-golfers for $25 per person.